Custom Search

Monday, December 13, 2010

SENSATIONS


HOW DO WE GATHER INFORMATION?

Our world is a complex place. Right now, I am sitting at a desk. I see the computer screen, and beyond that a window through which I see a garden and then a pine forest. I hear the faint whirring noise of the fan in the computer and the buzz of cicadas outside. I can smell the jasmine and pine sap from the garden – these smells become more potent if I concentrate on them. I can taste the coffee, which I recently sipped. My skin feels pleasantly warm in the summer heat, but my knee hurts where I grazed it a few days ago. I also feel the itching from some mosquito bites. How does all this information reach me? Examining the above description in more detail, especially the physical sources of information, will help to explain what is going on when we receive information from the world

No comments: