About the helpline: iCALL, with the help of trained counsellors, provides emotional support to individuals
in distress. The counsellors actively and supportively listen to individual’s disclosures of emotional distress
and provide safe and holding environment for the same. The helpline currently functions on Mondays to
Saturdays, from 10.00 a.m. To 10.00 p.m. As part of its expansion plans to seven days a week and eventually twenty-four hours a day, the helpline wishes to inrcrease its team strength. iCALL provides information and referral services to those who are in need. One of the key functions of an effective helpline is to connect individuals to relevant and important knowledge and human service resources. The Helpline maintains a comprehensive database for referral services. The helpline has a nation-wide coverage.
Job Profile: The candidate shall report directly to the Programme Coordinator at iCALL, and shall be
responsible for the following
1. Answering calls and emails, maintaining records, monthly reports of the calls attended on the
2. Being proactive in carrying out publicity and outreach activities for the promotion of the helpline
3. Design training modules and workshops for academic, government and corporate institutions
4. Deliver talks, conduct training, and workshops on topics related to counselling, mental health and
5. Write newsletters, fliers, blogs and articles on to help sensitize lay people regarding mental health
6. Develop case-studies, research papers and other works of academic writing on iCALL's work
Selected candidates will have to undergo rigorous training before they start attending to actual calls.
Counselling will be a supervised activity whereby an opportunity to learn and upgrade themselves on one
hand and to take care of their own mental health issues on the other, will provided on an ongoing basis
Desirous Candidates Must:
• Possess a Master’s Degree in Counselling or Clinical Psychology
• Speak English and Hindi and at least one regional language fluently and possess good writing skills
• Be skilled in the use of computers for the purpose of documentation, data analysis and email-based
• Have sound knowledge of therapeutic process skills and psychotherapy
• Be willing to work in shifts on a weekly rotational basis
• Be willing to travel within Mumbai and to different parts of the country to conduct outreach,
training, and workshops
Candidates shall be required to be based permanently in Mumbai for the tenure of their contract
The position is for the initial period of one year, and will be extended depending on performance
Please note that this is a full-time position.
Last date for applications: Interested candidates may please apply with their biodata to
firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 th May 2015.
For inquiries, contact:
iCALL Psychosocial Helpline,
Tata Institute of Social Sciences,
Deonar, Mumbai - 400088.
Tel. - 022-25525600
email – email@example.com